*Results: Congratulations Jessica Wong from Adelaide! We hope this will help you to a long and joy filled career in Wing Chun. See you there!
This year the AWCF will offer a free gold ticket to a student of a member school to help reduce financial burden and promote those with financial disadvantages to further themselves and their training with the support of the community.
A school/group/club that is registered as an AWCF member can nominate a student from their school to be considered for the award who show great potential and dedication in Wing Chun, but are unable to afford to attend the conference due to financial difficulty. The awardee will be “a student who shows merit, promise and dedication in Wing Chun, stands to benefit from attending the conference, and is enduring financial hardship that prevents them from attending the conference. ”
To apply for the award, click this link and fill out the form. Both the applicant in question and their instructor will need to fill in the first and second halves of the form, respectively, before submitting. The applicant and supporting instructor may be contacted by the AWCF for further information/evidence. The deadline for applications is August 16th.
- This is an application for the 2019 AWCF Community Support Award.
- It needs to be filled out by the applicant student (first half) and a supporting instructor (second half).
- One applicant will be selected from Australia.
- The winner will be announced publicly once finalised.
- The criteria for the award are a student who shows merit, promise and dedication in Wing Chun, stands to benefit from attending the conference, and is enduring financial hardship that prevents them from attending the conference. It should be clear that the awardee will not attend the conference without external support.
- To be eligible, the applicant and supporting instructor must both be from the same AWCF member school/group/club.
- The deadline for application is the 16th of August. No applications will be accepted after that date.
- The prize is one Gold Ticket to the 2019 AWCF Conference in Tamborine Mountain valued at $549.00 Australian.
- Awardees will be responsible for their own transport.
- In the event that an awardee cannot attend the conference, the committee may choose a new recipient for the award from the initial applications. If no applicants can attend the conference the award is retracted.
- This award will not entitle an awardee to a refund on a ticket already purchased.
- This award cannot be gifted to another person.
- This award cannot count towards a discount of any kind.
- The selection process will ensure neutrality and avoid conflicts of interest.
- Any AWCF member or applicant has the right to appeal to the AWCF Committee if these rules are broken or if natural justice is not observed.
- The AWCF Committee has final say in all matters regarding the award, and may investigate and override the decision of any committee appointed to select an awardee if these rules are broken or where unlawful.
- The AWCF Committee may investigate and retract the award from an awardee on the grounds that the awardee has broken AWCF rules, codes of conduct, displays unsafe or disrespectful behavior, is unlawful, or is unwelcome at the conference due to a ban or other official decision.
- The AWCF Committee may investigate and retract the award from an awardee on the grounds that the application was dishonest, misleading, or does not reflect the situation of the applicant.
- The AWCF Committee may refuse or ban a specific applicant or instructor from applying for AWCF awards at its discretion where infractions to these rules are observed.
- Any winner of community support award will be considered equally in future AWCF awards.